Why Green lense?

so this is the blog where you can enjoy topics such as goth-related issues, all forms of arts - also books and movies, and on top of all random crossing thoughts --but those are always the best aren't they? :)

so why Green lense?

I wanted to point out that all topics in this blog are seen from a rather "weird" perspective.. and maybe not something you hear or read often.. it's seen from a different point of view.. a green point of view.. from a green lense!

enjoy my blog :)


Tuesday, September 25, 2012

DUMA KEY! my favourite book

I have read this book near 4 years ago.. since then i have read it twice!
For all art lovers, and especially drawing/painting lovers.. this is a must read book :) -- It's an extremely motivational book, values life and living! It's about a a man who loses half of his body functions in an accident, and his whole life flips around, moves to an island "DUMA KEY" to start a new life, where he picks up on drawing, and finds magic in his drawings.. and the rest is for you to find out ;)

a little quote from the book -- "How to Draw a Picture

Start with a blank surface. It doesn't have to be paper or canvas, but I feel it should be white. We call it white because we need a word, but its true name is nothing. Black is the absence of light, but white is the absence of memory, the color of can't remember.

How do we remember to remember? That's a question I've asked myself often since my time on Duma Key, often in the small hours of the morning, looking up into the absence of light, remembering absent friends. Sometimes in those little hours I think about the horizon. You have to establish the horizon. You have to mark the white. A simple enough act, you might say, but any act that re-makes the world is heroic. Or so I’ve come to believe.

Imagine a little girl, hardly more than a baby. She fell from a carriage almost ninety years ago, struck her head on a stone, and forgot everything. Not just her name; everything! And then one day she recalled just enough to pick up a pencil and make that first hesitant mark across the white. A horizon-line, sure. But also a slot for blackness to pour through.

Still, imagine that small hand lifting the pencil... hesitating... and then marking the white. Imagine the courage of that first effort to re-establish the world by picturing it. I will always love that little girl, in spite of all she has cost me. I must. I have no choice. Pictures are magic, as you know.
" -- by Stephen King

find DUMA KEY as an e-book here -->> e-book

No comments:

Post a Comment